Wonder List No. 1

Photo by NOAA on Unsplash.


You may recall that I began this blog with a mission to seek wonder


I do know how to spell wonderful, but sometimes I like to emphasize here on the blog that things are "wonder-full" because it reminds us to actively look for what amazes, surprises, fascinates, thrills, scares, intrigues, and changes us.

Something my therapist taught me to do when writing is to make lists, and here's the first of my Wonder Lists:

  • Thunderstorms are wonder-full because they are beautiful, frightening, powerful, important, violent, nourishing, devastating, evolving, and magnificent (kind of like us, right?).
  • When my baby was born, he knew my voice. Perhaps the first real response/reaction I saw from him (other than crying when he was delivered) was him seeking out my voice. I knew he would know it since he had to listen to me for 39 weeks, but it still amazed me.
  • My sister and I are identical twins, and I swear to you we can read each other's mind. We've had mental and even physical connections even when we were states apart. I'll never be able to accurately describe it or explain it or understand it (kind of like faith, right?). 
  • I recently did a 30-minute yoga practice solely (pun intended!) dedicated to my feet. It reminded me of a meditation on my hands I did once in Boulder, Colorado at a yoga studio. Our hands and feet do so much for us and we often neglect them, and yet they still work hard every day for us. The same goes for our whole body, really...it takes so much abuse, we have to constantly remind ourselves to be kinder to it, and often our bodies continue to work hard supporting us and only begin to complain when we've neglected them for far too long. To me, that's incredible. Let's all be kinder to our bodies. 
⚡💙👭🧘🏽‍♀️🦶

Here's what I'm wondering:

Where have you found wonder lately?



Comments