One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, January 13, 2014

three new things

  • I tried a recipe for vegan ricotta--my first time making vegan ricotta. Results? Super tasty and perfect for my casserole! I got the recipe here.
  • I used a new casserole dish that my mom gave me at my bridal shower. Beautiful and functional...thanks, mom! The casserole was something I threw together with ingredients we had in the house. I cooked a box of whole wheat penne then mixed it with the vegan ricotta and a box of frozen spinach that I had thawed on the stove while the noodles were cooking. I topped it with spicy marinara and baked in the oven at 250 degrees for about 15 minutes. Yum!


 
  • A new little sprout from a plant in my bedroom made its debut this week!
 



 

1 comment:

  1. We make vegan cheesecake from that cashew cheese, without the yeast, turns out awesome. the crust is more nuts ground with dates.

    ReplyDelete