One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

morning magic


Morning Magic
By Natalie Ramirez

I sang with the stars
and drove west
to a fat harvest moon,
low in the sky,
a bright orange beacon
glowing in the cold autumn air.

The first golden streak
that pierced the horizon
transformed the dark indigo velvet
where Orion and Cassiopeia had danced
into a robin's egg blue sea
and painted the sky
with dappled pink clouds,
the color of cotton candy
at the state fair.

Golden leaves that glittered
as they fell
in patches of sun
that peeked through canopies
of green, red, orange, and brown
whispered morning magic
as black birds sailed
past fluffy white contrail.

I drove through rolling green hills
that saw the civil war,
past tracks where Southern served the south,
past crumbling silos and headstones,
into land
where some are awakening from deep, long sleep
as others slumber on.

No comments:

Post a Comment