One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

hello autumn, my old friend

We're on the cusp! At midday I stepped off of a plane after being in Atlanta for a week and could immediately detect that the air is cooler than when I left. Driving through Old Town I spotted the first fallen leaves scattered on the charming brick sidewalks, pumpkins and wreaths that evoked images of harvests adorning the fronts of a few enthusiastic houses, and attire that had morphed during my absence from light-as-air summery outfits to layers more appropriate for chilled breezes. I was eagerly anticipating some steaming chai at Le Pain Quotidien, where I ate for lunch, but alas, their seasonal cuisine still held the taste of summer: zucchini, watermelon, and light fare. Autumn is by far my favorite season of all, and every time I experience it I always hope it will last longer than it did the past year. I've pledged to use all of my senses as much as possible to bring awareness to autumn this year, so today I'm thrilled to announce that I believe my old friend has just arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment