One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, August 12, 2013

curried potato and chickpea magic

This is by far one of the best dishes I've made. The original recipe is here: http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/weekday-vegetarian-potato-and-chickpea-burgers.html.

The thing is, I wasn't in the mood to ingest all of that extra oil from frying the patties, and I also didn't feel like eating a burger bun. I've had a headache today that I just can't shake--part of me thinks it's due to the weather shifting, and part of me think it's because I slept in way too late yesterday, throwing off my natural rhythm. I had some raw juice at lunch and I've been trying to drink plenty of water, and I'm also forcing myself to stay awake at least until 9:30 and then go to bed and get a really good night's sleep.

I figured that with dinner I should avoid extra grease and extra carbohydrates, hoping it might help chase away the headache. So I followed the recipe in the link above and simply stopped after the point where I added more bread crumbs and let the mixture cool. I put a big scoop of the mixture on top of organic greens that I lightly dressed with balsamic crema. The result? FABULOUS.






My fiance agreed that this is one of his new favorite dishes, and he ate it just like I did, atop a salad. It's vegan, easy, and SUPER delicious. I just don't know how you could make it taste bad, even if you tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment