One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

their big debut

Baby birdies have finally decided to show their faces. Several of today's pictures are very grainy, because I was set far back and behind panes of glass to photograph the shots when the male bird returned to feed both female and chicks. Earlier the female had patiently let me take pictures with the balcony door and screen door both open, but I don't want to disturb the family and potentially put the chicks in harm of their parents abandoning the nest (if they think I might be a potential threat), so I'm trying to give them space and privacy. Still, when I see baby bird heads bobbing up and down with beaks wide open, it's hard not to watch! (Hint: you might need to click on the pictures to make them larger--that will help you see the babies better!)















No comments:

Post a Comment