One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

empty nest

I left town to work a symposium in San Antonio, Texas. While there, my fiance called me from home to tell me our baby birds had left the nest. He didn't see them fly away; one morning they were just gone. I was excited that they had left to begin their new lives, but sad that we didn't have them around anymore. Thankfully I snapped a few more pictures before I left town--they were getting really big by then!



This large one might look like the mother at a quick glance, but it's one of the "babies!" You can see some leftover fluff on its wings and head.



Finally, we had a lucky surprise! We had thought all along that there were five chicks. It turns out there were six! I was shocked--how in the world did they all fit in that nest? Try counting the beaks below to see all six of them (they're crammed in there!). 



Today I climbed a ladder to get some shots of the empty nest.




Bon voyage, my birdies!

No comments:

Post a Comment