One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

vegan pesto pasta

I can't remember where I initially saw this recipe...I just found it in my binder full of recipes the other day, made it for the first time on Monday, and loved it so much I had to share! Kudos to whoever came up with this!

Avocado Pesto Pasta

  • 1 pound pasta
  • 1 bunch basil leaves (about 2.5 oz)
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 2 ripe avocados, pitted & peeled
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup olive oil 
  • salt to taste


This is the easiest recipe ever. Cook the pasta according to your package directions, and while that's going on, blend the other ingredients in your Vitamix, blender, or food processor. Done! Toss the blended pesto with the hot pasta and enjoy. I topped mine with sun-dried tomatoes, which I love.





No comments:

Post a Comment