One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, March 18, 2013

elderberry syrup

A lot of people at work have been sick and have been staying sick. I've avoided the plague by trying to get extra rest when my body tells me it needs it and by eating extra healthy when I can to ensure I'm getting a good mix of vitamins and minerals. I've been drinking a lot of lemon tea lately--and not the kind that's pre-bagged. I basically take a washed, organic lemon, cut it in half and squeeze all of the juice into a mug, then top off with boiling water. That's it! If I'm already sick or if my throat is sore, I'll add in some raw honey. This weekend I added cinnamon and ginger on a particularly cold day since those are spices with warming qualities. I've also been taking probiotics to give my immune system an extra edge (I don't typically do yogurt).

Recently I heard about the benefits of elderberry syrup, and so I bought myself a bottle. Some users say that they take it at the first sign of feeling crummy, and it's supposed to be some sort of wonder tonic. I have yet to test the magical qualities of elderberry syrup, but I sure am glad to have some on hand!


What are your favorite remedies or sickness prevention tactics?


No comments:

Post a Comment