One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

du jour - 5 Jan 2013

reading


  • The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton 
  • I just finished The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons, a wonderful, wonderful read (and in honor of Downton Abbey--I get to start Season 3 tomorrow night!)
  • Next on my list: The Violets of March by Sarah Jio


listening


  • Alicia Keys, both old and new (Girl on Fire and No One)...this woman is super talented and never, ever gets old for me. I saw her in concert at the Verizon Center in D.C. (when Melanie Fiona and Robin Thicke opened for her), and not only was it a fantastic concert, but Michelle Obama and the girls were sitting right behind me!
  • Daylight by Maroon 5 (I bought their first album in high school and have loved them since)
  • Blow Me One Last Kiss by P!nk (this track has been on the radio forever by now, but I always crank it up! I LOVE P!nk--another artist I've loved since the first radio hit)


eating


  • Egg with herbs on a sprouted grain English muffin. All ingredients are organic. I used fresh parsley, fresh dill, dried minced onion, nutritional yeast, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and freshly ground pepper to season the egg. I don't buy eggs often, but when I do it's from a local farm, Smith Meadows, that has a stand at a local farmers' market. Their chickens are truly free-range and happily graze in pastures that are not treated with chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Not only do I feel good about what I'm putting into my body, I'm supporting a local business and reducing the amount of gas used to transport the eggs.

  • Sugar snap peas seasoned with Udo's Oil High Lignan 3-6-9 Blend and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

No comments:

Post a Comment