One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, December 31, 2012

update on the chubs


Remember this post? Where I found out that Chubby, aka Quattro, my favorite neighborhood kitty was in a loving foster home? I went to visit Chubby the other day, and I'm pleased to say that he is happy and healthy and safe!



The little guy even let pet him. He was very timid and shy at first, hiding, then slowly coming out, gradually gathering up courage to sniff my hand, and eventually letting me pet him.





I was so thrilled, elated, ecstatic, etc. to see Chubby; how could the visit possibly be any better?

Answer: kittens!!!






Chubby was sharing his space with three kittens, also being fostered and readied for adoption. Playing with them was so much fun (they are HILARIOUS when they're doing back flips to get a feather toy, and I love kittens because they--most of them, anyway--are quick to purr and give you love and let you hold them and pet them as much as your heart desires).

Finally, there's a new cat in town! I've named this little one Cocoa Nib. At first I thought she was a kitten when I first saw her months ago; it was dark, and she really is such a tiny thing and at that point she looked real ragged and thin. Her coat is looking much better these days, and I think she's put on some weight! She's a real cutie, that Cocoa Nib.







I'm spending New Year's Eve quietly this year. Soon I'll attend a yoga class that is meditative, promotes mindful relaxation, and encourages the free flow of chi or prana. I'm willing this state of mind and body to carry over into the New Year with me. I've already set in place some resolutions for a simpler year ahead, and I've read some really great blog posts (such as The Kind Life and Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Wellness) that have been inspiring when it comes to prioritizing what matters in the year ahead. Tomorrow I'll write in my journal, spend time with a few friends and family, and fit in some good book reading and exercise. Whatever your plans are for New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, and the year ahead, best wishes for lasting peace, simple pleasures, improved health, much happiness, and abundant love for you and yours.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. it was so fun seeing these kitties! good shots of cocoa nib

    ReplyDelete