One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, November 19, 2012

vegan pumpkin chocolate chip bread

Yesterday I was baking an old standby--my vegan pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe--for a Thanksgiving potluck at work today. The house smelled so good (and the results were so predictably delicious!), that I thought I must share this recipe on the blog! The following ingredients make one loaf (and the recipe can easily be doubled!):


  • 1 and 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup almond (or hemp or soy) milk or water
  • 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup if you like it a little less sweet!)
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (optional--this recipe makes great plain pumpkin bread too!)
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees.


Good to the last crumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment