One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving zoo trip - part 1

Apologies to my Facebook friends! These pictures have already debuted on my Facebook page, but I couldn't resist sharing them with my non-Facebook friends and family that follow my blog.

During Thanksgiving vacation, I visited the North Carolina zoo in Asheboro, one of my favorite places to go as a kid. I have mixed feelings about zoos, but the North Carolina zoo is huge, meaning the animals have large habitats, and the zoo does a lot of work with conservation of species. According to the website, "approximately 500 acres of this property have been developed into one of the largest "natural habitat" zoos in the United States." The animals are "given enclosures that mimic their natural habitats to include trees, ponds, rocks, grass and dirt."

I'm going to include the pictures I took during my recent visit in a four-part series. Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment