One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

potato spinach soup

I made this soup the other day using a Vitamix recipe as a guideline (I altered it some), and it's so good I thought I'd share! The soup is thick, hearty, healthy, and GREEN!


First I'll give you the recipe that the Vitamix book provides, and then I'll tell you how I modified it.


Veggie broth and potatoes: check! No changes there.



Be sure to scrub your potatoes, and leave the skin on for extra nutrition and fiber!

Above: my little veggie scrubby buddy.

Instead of using a quarter of an onion, I used a whole shallot.


I had fresh rosemary on hand, so I used that instead of dried rosemary. Just a sprig should be good enough, but I added just a tad bit more because I love rosemary flavor.


Instead of using three tablespoons of frozen spinach, I used about a half cup. My modified version of the recipe yielded about 8 cups instead of 7.


Finally, I doctored it up with some organic garlic powder, Bragg's nutritional yeast, and seaweed flakes. You could try different things, such as organic cheese or vegan sour cream.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment