One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Florida balancing act


I'm in Florida on a trip to visit with family, and since two recent posts focused on relaxation and restoration, I'll continue in that vein.

Away from the cold, grey weather of D.C., I've been enjoying soaking up the sunshine on long, leisurely walks while trees generously draped in Spanish moss seem to whisper, "slow down" when the wind breezes through the branches.

On drives I've noticed cows grazing in their pastures, horses dotting the landscape and sometimes wading in marshy water, herons dipping their beaks into sparkling pools while a family of white birds soar together overhead. They all look like they're taking their time, intently focused on the present and right at home in the nature that surrounds them.

During the day, I'm finding joy with spending time with my family, especially my nephew whom I rarely see and is perfect at generating laughter and smiles just the way children do so magically well. At night, I've been using a lavender solid body lotion from Spinster Sisters, which has been relaxing, soothing, and calming.

This trip wasn't exactly planned, and there are underlying bittersweet emotions at play for the reason I'm down in Florida. Also, this was a very busy time for me to drop everything and rearrange my schedule, yet somehow it's proved to be a boon--I've found focus in Florida and the time has given me a chance to restore balance during a hectic month. I'm trying to remind myself, wherever I go and whatever I'm doing, that there are always opportunities to slow down, remind myself to stay rooted in the present, and decide that I can make the most of the day that's at hand, regardless of everything else that's going on.

Namaste, good night, and peace be with you. Stay tuned for the spa update...coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment