One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, October 8, 2012

du jour - 8 Oct 2012

Tonight's Vitamix creation: simple, vegan, healthy banana pancakes! I modified a recipe from Fitness magazine, cutting it in half but still keeping the same number of bananas for that extra vitamin C, potassium, and fiber boost (as you can see, they came out just fine!). Blend 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup rolled oats, two bananas (break them up with your fingers), 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 tablespoon baking powder, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I'm a cinnamon fiend and fanatic--cut as needed if you're not as obsessed with it as I am). Cook and top with maple syrup (or your sweetener of choice, although the pancakes are sweet already from the bananas--I also happen to be insanely fond of maple syrup)! Perfect for a chilly autumn night like tonight, or when you're having a banana pancake kind of day.


Today for lunch I tried a new chia fettuccine I found at Whole Foods during my hectic morning there yesterday. It's vegan, full of protein and fiber, cooks quickly, and is delish with spicy marinara sauce!


No comments:

Post a Comment