One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

crafty cards

My friend Madeleine introduced me to a super fun, super easy, and super addictive way of making homemade cards. It involves stamps, a glue "ink" pad, embossing powder, a craft heat gun, and any little extras like colored pens, glue pens, and glitter.

What's so neat is that the designs are really embossed--the heat from the heat gun sort of melts the embossing powder, giving it a smooth texture that is three-dimensional. I need more practice; sometimes I thought I brushed all of the extra powder off of the card when I really didn't, so some cards had small splotches on them (most noticeable on the black card with the white designs, below). These were such a blast to make (I felt like a kid doing crafts!), and I definitely am looking forward to the next time we get together to make more!










No comments:

Post a Comment