One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

blueberry orange bread

Another Vitamix creation! The recipe is actually a Vitamix recipe:

  • 2 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp Earth Balance
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg or egg substitute (Please use local, vegetarian-fed, antibiotic-free, hormone-free, cage-free eggs if you can! To my vegan friends: I often will substitute 1 tbsp cornstarch for 1 egg in baking recipes--and you may need to add more liquid; I didn't do that here because I had eggs from a local farmer's market, but I've done it before and the breads turn out beautifully! If you try it and it works with this recipe, let me know! Also, I've heard of substituting bananas for eggs in recipes--it probably wouldn't be a bad addition to this already fruit-filled bread!)
  • 1 organic orange, peeled, halved
  • 1/4-inch strip orange peel
  • 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
Combine first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Place remaining ingredients except blueberries in the Vitamix (or your blender if it's a good one!) in the order listed and secure lid. Blend on high for about 30 seconds, then pour liquid mixture into dry and gently mix to combine. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into a loaf pan that's been sprayed with non-stick spray or greased. Bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes.

















No comments:

Post a Comment