One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

autumn party prep

I'm having such a fun time preparing for company! Cleaning house is not my favorite thing to do in the world, but set anything to great music (or at least a fun shuffle in iTunes), and you can do anything with an extra bounce in your step! Or at least enjoy belting out fun songs at the top of your lungs while being productive. What's better? Here's a sample of what's popped up my shuffle playlist for this evening:



  • "Everything" by Michael Buble
  • "Why U Wanna Go" by Sean Kingston
  • "Graceland" by Paul Simon
  • "I'll Be Around" by Michael W. Smith
  • "The Last Song" by Rihanna
  • "I Dreamed A Dream" by Lea Michele and Idina Menzel
  • "Here's To The Heroes" by The Ten Tenors (set to John Barry's glorious music from Dances with Wolves, one of my favorite movies)
  • "Places" by The Ten Tenors (Ever seen Out of Africa? It's another one of my fave films, and you'll recognize more of John Barry's music in this song from that wondrous movie starring Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.)
  • "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles


Setting out my ingredients to prep for my cooking tomorrow is getting me excited about the food I'm going to make (and eat!).

Below: OK, so this isn't food, but they're cute, fun, petite pumpkins for decorating an autumn-themed party. Also, I don't own a table runner, but a scarf does the trick!



Below: some of the ingredients for gluten-free pumpkin chocolate bars.


Below: some of the ingredients for honey-roasted acorn squash.


Below: some of the ingredients for mulled cranberry apple cider.


Now I think I'll relax with a homemade organic smoothie and watch some New Girl and Modern Family (can't wait for Grimm, Once Upon a Time, and The Walking Dead to come back!). Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment