One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

autumn party, continued

After the prep comes the party! 



Below: the gluten-free (and vegan!) pumpkin chocolate bread (buckwheat flour gave it its very dark color), which was delicious!




Below: mulled cranberry apple cider (one of my favorite drinks to make in autumn).




Below: acorn squash tossed with local honey, organic olive oil, and a dash of Himalayan pink salt (roast at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, taking out to stir once halfway through, and enjoy!).



Below: the damage! Not too bad once leftovers were sent home with others or put in the fridge for later.




Below: I also have to share the sweetest seasonal cards that my friend, Madeleine, made. I love the cute designs and colors--perfect for a festive fall!




We also ate the following foods (not pictured): chips with hummus; salsa with black beans, corn, and avocado; peach, basil, and fresh mozzarella salad with balsamic vinaigrette; Granny Smith apples with pumpkin pie dip; red wine; and cookies from Firehook bakery (we had to save those for later as we were too full to eat them; Madeleine, the chocolate espresso cookie was divine!). 

If I could have produced Caribou Coffee's pumpkin chai lattes for everyone, I would have! I love seasonal foods, whether it's fresh fruit smoothies and salads for summer, pumpkin treats and cider for autumn, or hearty soups with crusty bread and winter squashes for the colder months. 

Do you have any favorite seasonal foods?

1 comment:

  1. These are great recipes, thanks so much for posting. I didn't know about this blog, but am so happy to have found out about it!

    ReplyDelete