One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

tres updates

Update #1 -- you may remember from this post the nasty burn I had on my arm. Three weeks later, after a lot of TLC, magical Manuka honey, aloe goodness, and acres of gauze, bandages, and medical tape, the former burn is healing remarkably:


Can you even see it in the photographs above? Look hard. The comparison is crazy; you have to see it to believe it! I'm not kidding--look back at this post to see what it initially looked like and then what it looked like after two weeks. Then look at the picture above (we're at three weeks here). Incredible!

Update #2 -- A personal dream of mine has come true. I've been lusting over this for a long, long time, and finally the moment of joy has arrived. Meet the new love of my life, my very own Vitamix:

Oh, the things we are going to cook up together...I can hardly wait. I love it and it loves me. Hmph.

Update #3 -- I know people are going to make fun of me for posting this, but I have learned to braid my hair. This is HUGE, people! I was a tomboy growing up and had no idea what to do with my hair. If it wasn't down and messy from playing outside (my mom called it a "rat's nest"), it was pulled back into a no-fuss ponytail. Honestly, hair was a pain to deal with (still is), and I didn't even try to learn to braid it. Fast forward to last night, as I'm on the couch watching Gordon Ramsay smash egos to smithereens on Hell's Kitchen, and I was just kind of trying out a french braid halfheartedly, then TA DA! I looked in the mirror, and lo and behold, there was a braid. It's not beautiful, it's super messy, and it's really crooked. But it's a braid nonetheless and I'm proud.





    1 comment:

    1. Wow, Nat...your braid, it's uh...what an accomplishment! I can't wait to use your vitamix!!!

      ReplyDelete