One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Huntley Meadows magic

There's a park in Alexandria, VA just off of loud, busy, hectic, over-developed Route 1, and once you're in the park the hustle and bustle melts away to the back of your mind and you forget you're in the DC metro area. Covering over 1,400 acres, Huntley Meadows park is a mix of wetlands, forest, and meadow, and there is so much wildlife it's unbelievable! Each time I go I see something different, and I was glad to document today's magic in the park: turtles, frogs, and a snake--oh my!


























One final little story of triumph I wanted to share was this poor, little mud-covered turtle trying to make it back to the water. You can see how far he came through the mud, struggling to make it. I'm happy to say he made it!




3 comments:

  1. Aaaah, I'll blame hormones but the poor little struggling turtle at the end nearly made me cry! Well done little guy! Love how good you are at blogging your adventures so regularly Natalie :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Callie!! I hear you--I had to keep checking on him to make sure the little guy made it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete