One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

summer loving

I'm in North Carolina for a very short visit with family. Despite it being such a quick trip, I already feel like it's been absolutely worth the drive. For starters, I finally got to meet Zachary, the son and newest family member of one of my best friends, Coley.



Above: my mom holding Zack. He was smiling SO much, but of course as soon as I pulled out my camera he decided he was done. He was such a sweet, easy going guy.

I got to spend precious time with Coley and her daughter, Morgan. Morgan was super friendly to me, which made me feel like a million bucks because I never get to see her. For her to trust me, climb into my lap and lay her head on my shoulder, hold my hand, and give me a goodbye hug without extensive prior contact with me made my heart sing.



I am getting to spend more time with my grampy. Morgan even helped me take a picture of him (she loved my camera!).


 I am getting to spend time with my uncle Dan, who just moved from Richmond to Greensboro. While I'm sad to have lost my Richmond contact, I'm thrilled uncle Dan's in Greensboro, and he's got a gorgeous new home (and I'm his first guest!).


My parents' cat literally was running to greet me, following me around the house and rubbing all over me. What a nice greeting upon walking in the door!



Summer is in full swing and all of the trees are exploding with green and the tallest I've ever seen. I'm sad because I've missed the peak of my mom's gardenia bush (apparently countless, fragrant blooms were weighing it down in June--rats!), but I still smell the sweetness of summer in spite of the heavy heat.




It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment