One of my favorite quotes is by J.R.R. Tolkien: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Here I'm giving glimpses of all I am deciding in the time that is given to me. Enjoy! All pictures and posts are mine, thank you! Please ask permission for photo use.

Monday, July 30, 2012

summer loving, continued

My grampy's name is Orland A. Rothlisberger. His middle initial doesn't stand for any name, it's just the letter A, but I like to think it stands for Atticus, as in Atticus Finch.




Sunset patio portraits (spur-of-the-moment candids! I would have chosen a better backdrop for mom but these were completely unplanned): 



Summer setting I: river birch with sunset backdrop:


Summer setting II: saltwater pool for a warm, relaxing, evening dip:


Today, on the way home from North Carolina and on my way to drop my grampy off in Culpeper, we stopped in Charlottesville and had lunch on the downtown mall at Rapture, one of our favorite places to grab grub in C'ville. I love summer food! Today we had fried green tomatoes for starters. He had a Caesar salad with buttermilk biscuit croutons, and I had an arugula salad with crumbled feta, strawberries, Virginia peanuts, and a locally-sourced honey-lavender vinaigrette. For dessert? He had two scoops of chocolate gelato and I had a scoop of salted caramel and a scoop of Mexican coffee gelato. Bon appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...pool looks vaguely familiar. Great advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics Nat; and I want the food

    ReplyDelete